García Sanabria Park is in Santa Cruz de Tenerife. It was created in 1926 and has become the largest urban park in the Canary Islands.
You can find beauty in every corner, with its flowers that give colour and a wonderful aroma. Since its construction it has become the green lifeblood of Santa Cruz.
That’s because Garcia Sanabria is much more than a simple park – it is a key feature of Santa Cruz’s personality, as it hosts exhibitions and fairs, and hosts lots of cultural performances throughout the year. It is an essential part of the social and cultural life of the city, and has been a meeting point for families, friends and couples since its inauguration.
Throughout the park, you’ll find fountains and sculptures, which help to showcase the beautiful flower clock that presides over the entrance to the park, and the enormous central fountain which pays homage to Garcia Sanabria, the major of the city who led the construction of the park which now bears his name.
Entrance to the park is completely free and is open at all hours.
Activities & Tours
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 BEST VIEWPOINTS in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife