Playa de Antequera (Antequera Beach) is on the limits of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, near to the Roque de Antequera, from which it gets its name.
It is a wild and isolated beach – the closest civilisation is the small village of Igueste de San Andres. It is not very long, and the waves are relatively calm all year round. Although lacking in services, the main selling point is the peace and quiet. You won’t find many people on this black sand beach, mainly because it is difficult to get to.
Given that it is surrounded by mountains in a difficult area to access, it is impossible to get there in a vehicle, and arriving on foot means a long walk. However, you could get there in a boat.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
- The 10 Best Natural Pools in Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 best viewpoints in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids