Wherever you go on the island, you will see dozens of bright green guaguas belonging to TITSA, the company that organises the guagua public bus service on Tenerife. The island has an excellent bus network: TITSA’s bus lines extend to all the points of interest on Tenerife, and services run frequently.
The price of a single journey varies depending on the specific route, but it’s generally between about 1€ and 5€. If you’re considering using the guagua service a lot during your stay, you also have the option of purchasing a transport card which will save you a few euros.
Single ticket/Return ticket:
- Recommended option if you’re planning to make one or two journeys.
- Single tickets can be purchased on board the guagua.
- Cash only payments.
- The price of the ticket depends on the bus line.
- Reusable and rechargeable card.
- Recommended if you’re considering using the guaguas frequently.
- Can be purchased at kiosks, tobacconists, some stations and TITSA interchanges.
- Can be purchased with cash or card.
- You can load it with as much money as is required, from 5 – 100€.
- You can pay using your mobile phone by downloading the TenMas app for Android and iOS.
- You can use the app to buy both single and multi-journey tickets.
- Recommended both for single journeys and frequent use of the network.