Wherever you go on the island, you will see dozens of bright green guaguas/buses belonging to TITSA, the company that organises the public bus service on Tenerife. The island has an excellent bus network: TITSA’s bus lines extend to all the points of interest on Tenerife, and services run frequently.
The price of a single journey varies depending on the specific route, but it’s generally between about 1€ and 5€. If you’re considering using the guagua service a lot during your stay, you also have the option of purchasing a transport card which will save you a few euros.
Single ticket/Return ticket:
- Recommended option if you’re planning to make one or two journeys.
- Single tickets can be purchased on board the guagua/bus.
- Cash only payments.
- The price of the ticket depends on the bus line.
- Reusable and rechargeable card.
- Recommended if you’re considering using the guaguas/buses frequently.
- Can be purchased at kiosks, tobacconists, some bus/tram stations and TITSA main interchanges/terminals.
- Can be purchased with cash or debit/credit card.
- You can load it with as much money as is required, from 5 – 100€.
- You can pay using your mobile phone by downloading the ten+móvil app for Android and iOS.
- You can use the app to buy both single and multi-journey tickets.
- Recommended both for single journeys and frequent use of the network.
For more information, check the official website of TITSA.