Parque Taoro is in Puerto de la Cruz on Tenerife’s north coast. It covers around 100,000m2 on a hill which used to be known as Monte Miseria (Misery Mountain), which offers an excellent panoramic view of the city.
The different trails within Parque Taoro make for an excellent route for a relaxing walk through its idyllic setting, while enjoying its tranquil atmosphere surrounded by streams, fountains, waterfalls, and lush flora.
In the past, a large wealthy British colony lived in the area, which is why a striking Anglican Church stands in the heart of the park. Agatha Christie also used to walk through this corner of Puerto de la Cruz while staying at the old Taoro Gran Hotel, which was based in the park.
Parque Taoro is split into three different areas: La Atalaya, los Jardines del Casino and the Camino de la Sortija, with the latter being popular for sports, while the first, La Atalaya, is the busiest part of the park.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 best viewpoints in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife