The Anglican Church of All Saints is in Puerto de la Cruz, in the north of Tenerife. Specifically, it is inside the Taoro Park (Parque Taoro), and was built in the late 19th Century thanks to donations from the large community of British expats who lived in this part of Tenerife at the time. It is a work by the architects Franey and Woods.
Nowadays, this beautiful Anglican church reports to the Anglican Diocese of Gibraltar.
Construction began in 1890, led by Tenerife’s British community in order to have their own place of worship.
It is built in stone, with three naves and a beautiful neogothic façade. It also has a lovely garden, known as the ‘Memorial Garden’. This makes it one of the most unique and striking buildings in the area.
Much of its furniture, decorative and religious items were donated by the British community. It also has a parish house and an altar, both of which were donated.
Activities & Tours
Deals on places to stay
- The 10 BEST VIEWPOINTS in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 of Tenerife’s Best Wild Beaches and How To Reach Them
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Ideas for Family Travel With Kids to Tenerife
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife
- South Tenerife or North Tenerife?
- Alfombras de La Orotava • Feast of Corpus Christi