Playa de Diego Hernandez (Diego Hernandez Beach) is one of the best kept secrets in the south of Tenerife. It is a wild and secluded sandy beach with turquoise waters, which you can only reach by foot or by sea.
At high tide, the water covers practically all of the beach, meaning that the only place you can sit is on the nearby rocks, therefore it’s recommended to visit at low tide.
To reach Diego Hernandez, you need to go up to the roundabpout which connects Avenida de los Acantilados with Calle Tajore, where you will find parking. An unmarked path starts here which goes down towards the ocean, until you reach a fork of various dirt paths which lead to the beach.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
Deals on places to stay
- The 10 BEST VIEWPOINTS in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 of Tenerife’s Best Wild Beaches and How To Reach Them
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Ideas for Family Travel With Kids to Tenerife
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife
- South Tenerife or North Tenerife?
- Alfombras de La Orotava • Feast of Corpus Christi