The Chapel of Nuestra Señora de las Nieves (Chapel of Our Lady of the Snows) is unique in that is found over 2000m high within the Teide National Park, which makes it the highest altitude catholic church in all of Spain.
The church falls under the protection of the Virgen de las Nieves (St Mary of the Snows) and has a single rectangular nave and holds the image of Nuestra Señora de las Nieves in white marble.
It is located in the La Orotava, and answers to the La Orotava prelature.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
Deals on places to stay
- The 10 BEST VIEWPOINTS in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 of Tenerife’s Best Wild Beaches and How To Reach Them
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Ideas for Family Travel With Kids to Tenerife
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife
- South Tenerife or North Tenerife?
- Alfombras de La Orotava • Feast of Corpus Christi