The story of the San Antonio Abad church began as a chapel in 1627, when it was constructed by the Castilian populators who had just arrived to this corner of the south of the island. The San Antonio Adad chapel was the first building of what we know today as the town of Arona.
It was 1976 when the chapel became a parish. The present appearance of the church is the result of the huge reforms and expansions made to it in the centuries after its construction.
The church has a basilica-shaped layout. Its façade is flat, its main door is lined with stones, a wooden window illuminates the choir, and the building is crowned by a stone belfry from which the bells hang.
Activities & Tours
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 BEST VIEWPOINTS in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife