Montaña Amarilla Beach
Rocky and sandy beach, with some of the cleanest and clearest waters on the island
Montaña Amarilla Beach (Playa de Montaña Amarilla) is a beach in San Miguel de Abona in the south of Tenerife.
The name comes from its location at the foot of a mountain known as Montaña Amarilla (Yellow Mountain). It is a rocky and sandy beach, with some of the cleanest and clearest waters on the island. It is popular for snorkelling and scuba diving.
The beach itself lacks facilities, but you can find restaurants and bars in the town nearby – Costa del Silencio.
There are car parks nearby and accessing the beach is not difficult at all.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 best viewpoints in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife