Ayosa is off the La Esperanza road (TF-24), which runs toward Teide from the northeast of the island. Along this road, there is a series of amazing viewpoints on the way to the highest point in Spain.
The views from Ayosa
From the top of Ayosa, you can delight in the La Orotava Valley, and the peaks of Aguamansa and Mazico de Teno. On clear days, it’s possible to see as far as the island of La Palma.
At this height, the phenomenon known as the ‘sea of clouds’ is common, especially in the summer. Huge amounts of water accumulate in the La Orotava Valley and form a layer of clouds that only M. Teide rises above.
How to get to Ayosa
You can get to the Ayosa Viewpoint by taking the TF-24, which goes up to the Teide National Park from La Laguna. You’ll find it at the side of the road.
The road is in good condition, but you’ll only be able to head up there in a private vehicle. The public bus service does not stop in the area. You’ll find car parking spaces near the viewpoint.
Activities & Tours
- The 10 Best Natural Pools in Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 best viewpoints in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids