Playa de Almaciga
Within the Anaga Country Park
Playa de Almaciga (Almaciga Beach) is in the outskirts of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, and together with Benijo and Roque de Las Bodegas, it forms a trio of black rocky beaches within the Anaga Country Park protected natural area.
It’s a volcanic sand beach which is very popular among surfers because of its strong waves, so bathers should be careful in the waters. It’s especially busy in the summer, but never overcrowded.
It has good access, as well as parking nearby. You can get there by taking the TF-134 road or TITSA route 246.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 best viewpoints in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife