Roque de las Bodegas is a wild beach in the Anaga Country Park, on the northeast coast of Tenerife, where there are three successive beaches with volcanic sand and rocks – Benijo, Almaciga and Roque de Las Bodegas, which owes its name to a rock formation which plunges into the sea on its eastern face.
Sand and rocks come and go at the whim of the tides, so depending on the time of the year and the state of the tides, you may find a beach with more sand than stones or vice versa. The waves in this part of the island are normally quite strong, so it is important to be careful.
The beach does not have any kind of amenities, but there are food and drink kiosks on the road leading there.
Activities & Tours
- The 10 Best Natural Pools in Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 best viewpoints in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids