Tenerife South Airport
Tenerife has two airports – one in the north and the other in the south.
Tenerife South Airport is in the Granadilla de Abona municipality, very close to towns like Costa Adeje, Los Cristianos and Las Americas. Its code is TFS, and it operates all international flights to and from the island. The vast majority of arrivals and departures for national and inter-island flights go through Tenerife North Airport.
It has parking, shops, car-rental companies, bars and cafés, cash machines, etc.
You can get to Tenerife South Airport via the TF-1 motorway.
There is a taxi stand at the entrance, from which you can get to any other part of Tenerife. Within the airport, you can rent a car, however if you want to avoid waiting when you arrive on the island, it is recommended to rent one online so that it is ready to go upon your arrival. You can rent one here.
It is linked to the rest of the island via the following bus lines:
- Line 40 – Costa Adeje – Tenerife South Airport
- Line 111 – Santa Cruz (interchange) – Tenerife South Airport (Departures)
- Line 711 – Santa Cruz (interchange) – Tenerife South Airport
- Line 343 – Puerto de la Cruz – North Airport – Airport South
Distance to popular destinations
- TFS ➞ Los Cristianos: 16 km.
- TFS ➞ Las Americas: 17 km.
- TFS ➞ Costa Adeje: 23 km.
- TFS ➞ Los Gigantes: 46 km.
- TFS ➞ Santa Cruz de Tenerife: 60 km.
- TFS ➞ San Cristobal de La Laguna: 62 km.
- TFS ➞ Puerto de la Cruz: 88 km.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 best viewpoints in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife