It is a former convent, which now serves as a House of Culture with a small museum, a library, and a municipal archive. It hosts various exhibitions as well as cultural and artistic performances.
The building has significant historical and architectural value, built in 1524 by the Seraphic order and is situated in a beautiful setting, right in the old town.
Architecturally, the Church consists of a single Latin cross nave with different chapels spread throughout. On its main façade, bathed in a soft yellow and shaded by huge palm trees, is the entrance to the church – two huge wooden doors lined with dark stone sat above a small staircase.
The church tower is formed of black masonry, except for its highest point, the bell tower, which is covered in white.
On the ground floor, it has different rooms, all of which are now used for its cultural purpose. Its upper floor is usually the space that is used to host different exhibitions.
Activities & Tours
Deals on places to stay
- The 10 BEST VIEWPOINTS in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 of Tenerife’s Best Wild Beaches and How To Reach Them
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Ideas for Family Travel With Kids to Tenerife
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife
- South Tenerife or North Tenerife?
- Alfombras de La Orotava • Feast of Corpus Christi