The Church of Nuestra Señora de Coromoto (Church of Our Lady of Coromoto) is one of the many places of Catholic worship spread throughout the north of Tenerife. It is in the La Guancha region.
It is a relatively modern church, consecrated to Our Lady of Coromoto, patron saint of Venezuela. The church was built thanks to a donation from a resident of La Guancha who then emigrated to Venezuela and gave away the land on which it is located. Since 1957, the Church of Coromoto has been a landmark for all of La Guancha’s residents.
The highlight of the church is the gothic-imitation main altar, which is where you can see the image of the Virgin of Coromoto, brought over from Venezuela.
On the fourth Sunday in May, the Fiestas de Nuestra Señora de Coromoto take place, during which there are festivals, street parties, and processions.
Activities & Tours
- The 10 Best Natural Pools in Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 best viewpoints in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids