Charco Los Chochos is in Los Silos, a small, little-known town in the north of Tenerife.
It is a small, shallow natural pool, formed by centuries of volcanic eruptions that have shaped the island’s coastline. It has a stone staircase to facilitate access, and the pool is only separated from the ocean by a small volcanic rock wall.
As the icing on the cake, on clear days you can enjoy spectacular views of the La Culata Cliffs and Mount Teide.
Location and Access
To get to Charco Los Chochos, you need to travel to the old town in Los Silos, then from there continue along the coastal El Puertito road until you reach the wide promenade that runs along the town’s coastline. You can find parking along this road.
You’ll find Charco Los Chochos just below the promenade, close to the volcanic sand El Puertito beach.
Things to Consider
As with all the natural pools in Tenerife, to avoid accidents, it is important to consider the weather and tides before entering the water. The force of the waves and the rocks can be dangerous if you do not take precautions.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
- The 10 Best Natural Pools in Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 best viewpoints in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids