The island’s coastline is filled with small natural pools, which are the result of lava flows which solidified when they met the sea. However, in the case of Charco de Isla Cangrejo, it is protected from the force of the sea by a concrete wall which stops the waves and allows for swimming.
It is a tranquil and quiet place, with areas perfect for sunbathing, and although in general it can be accessed safely, it is recommended to take extra precaution on days when the tide is high and there are strong waves.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 BEST VIEWPOINTS in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife