Museum of Nature and Archaeology (MUNA)
The Museum of Nature and Archeology (MUNA) can be found in the centre of Santa Cruz de Tenerife, just a few metres from Plaza de España, in an emblematic building from the 18th century that was used as a Civil Hospital back in its day.
MUNA holds the world’s greatest collection on the Guanche population, the inhabitants of Tenerife prior to its conquering by the Kingdom of Castilla. It is comprised of archaeological materials and mummified human remains that date back to the island’s prehistoric era.
The museum explores the Canary Islands’ natural wealth. Billboards and modern exhibitions bring you closer to these prehispanic populations’ culture and modus vivendi.
Opening times and prices
Open Monday to Saturday from 9.00am to 7.00pm. Open Sunday and bank holidays from 10.00am to 5.00pm.
- Standard entry: 5.00€
- Large families and groups of 8+: 3.50€
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 best viewpoints in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife