The Chipeque Viewpoint is one of the best viewpoints in Tenerife to admire Mount Teide. It’s located in the town of Santa Ursula, approximately 1830m above sea level.
The viewpoint is one of the most sensational on the island, both by day and by night. The view is one of the most sought after when Teide is covered in snow.
The views from Chipeque
From the Chipeque Viewpoint, you can see most of the north of the island. You can see everything from Punta del Hidalgo, on the western side of Tenerife, to Buenavista del Norte, on the eastern side of the island, as well as incredible views of the La Orotava Valley.
You’ll also be able to admire the shape of Mount Teide and its wonderful Corona Forestal National Park, with an abundance of Canarian pine trees. Provided the skies are clear, you can make out the shape of La Palma in the distance.
And with it being over 1800m high, there is the possibility of coming across a cloud sea, which is a natural phenomenon caused by the accumulation of large humid masses on mountain slopes. You’ll find yourself walking in heaven!
How to get to Chipeque
You can get to the Chipeque viewpoint by taking the road known as La Esperanza – the TF-24 – which connects the town of La Esperanza with Las Cañadas del Teide.
Parking is available and easily accessible.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 BEST VIEWPOINTS in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife
- South Tenerife or North Tenerife?