Charco del Viento
One of the many natural pools which pepper the north coast of Tenerife
Charco del Viento is one of the many natural pools which pepper the north coast of Tenerife. Many of them are the result of violent volcanic eruptions which have struck the island in the past.
It is located in the La Guancha region, a small and little-known municipality on the island. It is formed of two enormous, solidified lava flows that go deep into the Atlantic Ocean and create a natural bay stopping strong waves, and resulting in clear crystal waters perfect for swimming or snorkelling.
It is well equipped to make access easy, with a long stone staircase that leads directly to the pool. There are car parks nearby.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 best viewpoints in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife