Teatro Leal (Leal Theatre) is right in the centre of San Cristobal de La Laguna’s old town, and despite only being opened at the start of the 20th Century, it stands today as one of the town’s most famous cultural landmarks.
It was Antonio Leal, a philanthropist hailing from La Laguna, who funded the long-awaited project to build a theatre in the city. He delegated the building plans to the architect Antonio Pintor, who applied his own style to the design.
The interior decoration of the four floors of the Teatro Leal has received input from various artists who in one way or another are linked to La Laguna, such as Manuel Verdugo and Benjamin Sosa.
Today, Teatro Leal is one of the pillars of the island’s culture. Within its walls it holds theatrical works, dance shows, concerts and almost any form of artistic expression, for which it has a capacity of over 600 people.
Activities & Tours
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 BEST VIEWPOINTS in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife