The Casa del Vino is a place fully dedicated to unveiling the secrets of Tenerife’s wine industry. It explores the link between the wine industry and the island’s volcanic activity, the different vine varieties, traditional cultivation systems and designations of origins, among many other things.
It’s located in the El Sauzal municipality, in the north of the island, in a former Canarian farm from the 17th Century. It is a fantastic example of historic rustic architecture from this part of the island. Also, this old farm was built in a privileged location, with amazing views over the Teide National Park and the La Orotova Valley.
The Casa del Vino surrounds a central patio, and is divided into various rooms: museum, wine cellar, tasting room, warehouse, restaurant, bar, multi-purpose room, chapel, and reception.
Inside the Casa del Vino
Inside the Casa del Vino, you’ll find various themed exhibitions linked to farming activity in Tenerife.
- Museo del Vino (Wine Museum)
- Visitor Centre of the Casa de la Miel (The House of Honey)
- Agrodiversity Information Centre
- The adjoining buildings to the San Simón House.
In the house’s old wine cellar, an interesting museum dedicated to viticulture on the island has been set up. As well as the museum, there is also a space dedicated to the production of honey and a permanent exhibition about agrodiversity on the island.
Other activities and spaces include:
- Wine tasting courses
- Art gallery
- Tasting room
- Wine shop – where you can buy wines from the island
- Gift shop
The Casa del Vino covers 13,000m2, which includes two excellent gardens: a vine garden and a native plant garden.
In the vine garden you can see crops of all the types of vines available on the island, while in the native plant garden brings together Tenerife’s many native plants in one space.
Opening hours and prices
Open Tuesday to Saturday from 10am – 8pm. Closed on Mondays.
Entry costs: €3
Price: Free (due to Covid-19)
Activities & Tours
Deals on places to stay
- The 10 BEST VIEWPOINTS in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 of Tenerife’s Best Wild Beaches and How To Reach Them
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Ideas for Family Travel With Kids to Tenerife
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife
- South Tenerife or North Tenerife?
- Alfombras de La Orotava • Feast of Corpus Christi