Stretching 2km, the El Medano Beach (playa del Médano) is the longest beach in Tenerife. A sand beach with shallow water, it is flanked by a promenade and has all types of commodities. It also has a unique landscape thanks to its views of the Montaña Roja volcanic cone, which is a protected natural area.
It’s the ideal beach for a walk, a swim, sunbathing, or trying watersports. It is very popular among windsurfers.
You can get there via TF-643 and via TITSA line 470. There is parking nearby.
Activities & Tours
Deals on places to stay
- The 10 BEST VIEWPOINTS in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 of Tenerife’s Best Wild Beaches and How To Reach Them
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Ideas for Family Travel With Kids to Tenerife
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife
- South Tenerife or North Tenerife?
- Alfombras de La Orotava • Feast of Corpus Christi