Cruz del Carmen is an old crossroads that in the past served as a meeting point between the villages in Anaga and the city of La Laguna. Today, it serves as an excellent vantage point, treating us to one of those characteristic Tenerife views.
It is located in the Anaga Forest, one of the most popular natural spaces on the archipelago, which serves as the lungs of the islands and refuge for endemic flora and fauna.
From the Cruz del Carmen viewpoint, you can see the neighbourhood of La Vega Lagunera and the city of La Laguna, with Mount Teide as a backdrop. Several well-known hiking routes start from here, such as the El Sendero de los Sentidos (Trail of the Senses), which follows the paths joining Anaga and La Laguna.
There is a restaurant and a visitor’s centre nearby, which provides information on Anaga and serves as a cultural centre to promote its natural values.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
Deals on places to stay
- The 10 BEST VIEWPOINTS in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 of Tenerife’s Best Wild Beaches and How To Reach Them
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Ideas for Family Travel With Kids to Tenerife
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife
- South Tenerife or North Tenerife?
- Alfombras de La Orotava • Feast of Corpus Christi