Enormous complex formed by 7 sea water pools found in Puerto de la Cruz
Costa Martiánez, also known by locals as Lago Martianez, is an oasis on the shores of the Atlantic, built with volcanic rocks and found in Puerto de la Cruz, in the north of Tenerife.
It is an enormous complex formed by 7 sea water pools that are filled through high-pressure tubes from the ocean and shoot out water like a volcanic eruption. The 7 pools represent the 7 Canary Islands and are just a few metres away from the Martiánez and Playa Jardin Beaches.
It also has 5 small islands, one of which, Isla Central, houses Casino de Tenerife.
Opening times and prices
Regular entry is €5.50 for adults and €2.50 for children (under 10).
Costa Martiánez is open every day from 10am – 7pm during the summer, and 10am – 6pm the rest of the year.
Activities & Tours
More about Tenerife
- The 5 Best Museums in Tenerife
- The 6 Most Charming Villages in Tenerife
- Tenerife Carnival
- The 10 best viewpoints in Tenerife
- 7 of Tenerife’s Most Unusual Landscapes
- 6 wild and (almost) secret beaches in Tenerife
- 15 Best Things To Do In Tenerife
- The 10 Best Hotels in Tenerife
- 10 Great Things To Do In Tenerife With Kids
- The 10 Best Beaches in Tenerife